[va-richmond-general] Re: Richmond Hummer

  • From: Sinclair <ssinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 06:05:18 -0500

Kathleen Monk tells me that one of her Bridge buddies in Tazewell, Va. gets
up early every morning to set out the feeder for a remaining Hummer.
Evidentially the bird comes at about the same time each morning.  Given the
fact that the climate in Tazewell is quite similar to Maine (cold, snow,
etc.) the feeder is taken in for the day and set out again the next morning.
Could a Hummer make it through a bitterly cold winter??  Where do Hummers
spend the night when its 5 below??  Thanks,  Doug