[va-richmond-general] Richmond Audubon Field Trip to Belmead, Powhatan County October 1

  • From: Wendy Ealding <wealding@xxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:44:54 -0400 (EDT)

 This Saturday, October 1, Richmond Audubon Society will be holding a field
trip to Belmead in Powhatan County.  This 2600 acre property is owned by the
Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament and we are fortunate to have access to this
private property.  The forecast this weekend is for a cold front to move
through Friday night, and we are hoping this will produce good conditions for a
flight of migrant warblers and thrushes.  The current list for the property
(available at
http://ebird.org/ebird/va/GuideMe?step=saveChoices&getLocations=hotspots&parentState=US-VA&bMonth=01&bYear=1900&eMonth=12&eYear=2011&reportType=location&hotspots=L1035408&hotspots=L816700&hotspots=L1035409&continue.x=23&continue.y=11)
 stands at 112, and we could well add a species or two - we have some obvious
misses such as Black-throated Blue Warbler and Swainson's and Gray-cheeked
Thrush that could show up under these conditions.

Meet at the Powhatan Plaza Shopping Center (corner of Academy Road and Route 60
in Powhatan) at 7:15 AM.  Bring sturdy shoes as it may be wet/muddy in places.
There is a $5 fee for this trip, to be donated to the Sisters to support their
conservation efforts.

To sign up contact me at WEalding@xxxxxxx phone 804-598-9243

Wendy Ealding
Powhatan County