[va-richmond-general] Re: Reedy Creek Bird Walk

  • From: akb <arun1bose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richmond Birders <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 22:28:53 -0400

Hello All,
I also made a couple of visits to the Reedy Creek area today. Highlights
included a singing Orange-crowned Warbler (also seen) near the park HQ in
the morning, and then later in the day a singing Kentucky Warbler (unseen).
The latter was found by Fenton Day earlier in the day and I chanced it to
see if the bird was still around. This bird was near the end of the meadow
where the woods start and was around the railroad tracks here. Both birds
were recorded. My eBird checklists and sound recordings are linked below.

Other highlights included some smart looking Bonaparte's Gulls on the river
as well as 2 Forster's Tern. I found warblers  around in small numbers, but
my first 10 warbler day this spring (Ovenbird, Black-and-white Warbler,
Orange-crowned Warbler, American Redstart, Northern Parula, Prothonotary
Warbler, Kentucky Warbler, Common Yellowthroat, Yellow-rumped Warbler,
Yellow-throated Warbler)

http://ebird.org/ebird/va/view/checklist?subID=S13863072
https://soundcloud.com/arun1bose/orange-crowned-warbler-042413

http://ebird.org/ebird/va/view/checklist?subID=S13871994