[va-richmond-general] Prothonetary in Meadowbrook

  • From: Al Warfield <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Audubon Listserve <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:28:08 -0400

We had a male Prothonetary Warbler sitting on our feeders this morning. At one
point it was only 8 feet away from our window. Although maybe not surprising
given the location on Falling Creek, this is the first sighting of this species
for us at home, which is in Meadowbrook Estates in northeastern Chesterfield
County. We have never even heard them here before.

Al & Linda Warfield