[va-richmond-general] Powhatan WMA banding

  • From: Bob Reilly <rjreilly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:46:34 -0400

 Mary Arginteanu, Larry Robinson, John Dillard and I opened the nets at the
Powhatan Wildlife Management Area twice in September after completing this
season's Monitoring Avian Productivity and Survivorship sessions on August
3rd.  A total of 60 birds were captured on those two fine mornings: 54 newly
banded and 6 recaptures.  The list of birds is as follows:
on 9/7/03:

chestnut-sided warbler   1
common yellowthroat   2
black and white warbler   1
Canada warbler   1
magnolia warbler   4
hooded warbler   3
yellow-breasted chat   1
ovenbird   1
northern cardinal  3
gray catbird   1
white-eyed vireo   2
red-eyed vireo   4
woodthrush   6
Carolina wren  1
eastern tufted titmouse   2
veery   1

on 9/21/03:

common yellowthroat  3
magnolia warbler   4
American redstart   2
black-throated green warbler   1
black-throated blue warbler   2
chestnut-sided warbler   1
northern waterthrush   1
red-eyed vireo   4
white-eyed vireo   1
northern cardinal   4
eastern tufted titmouse   1
indigo bunting   1
woodthrush   1
Swainson's thrush   1

We are moving the operation to Dutch Gap this weekend and plan to band there
on a couple of days in October.  An final report on the second season of the
pronothontary warbler project at Dutch Gap will be posted in a few days.

Bob Reilly