[va-richmond-general] Pocohantos State Park-Sat. October 9

  • From: "Kacmarcik" <kacmarcik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 22:26:20 -0400

I had the privilege of leading an enthusiastic group from the Old Dominion
Appalachian Trail Club (ODATC) around Beaver Lake Trail this afternoon. The
weather was spectacular. The marsh grasses are changing into beautiful hues
of pinks and yellows. The air, still warm has that "October" smell as the
woods prepare to burst into color. Thank you to the group for allowing me to
expand their hiking experience into the world of birds.

Highlights:

Great Blue Heron
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker