[va-richmond-general] Re: Osprey at the Willey Bridge

  • From: bobdianjones@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'va-bird'" <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:26:41 +0000

On my walk around Hermitage country club this a.m.  I took my binocs.  Must say
it slowed the walk down but had an amazing morning.  Yellow rumped warblers,
northern flickers, pileated and red bellied woodpeckers but the prize was red
headed woodpecker-as I have never seen one of these before my walk came to an
abrupt end.  Will continue to seek him out.
                                                            Dian Jones--

--
Bob & Dian Jones
6 Deer Run Road

From: "JANICE FRYE" <jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This morning there were two osprey near two of the 3 nests on the Henrico end
of the Willey Bridge.  Every year it?s the same pattern?eagles hang out on the
nest closest to the river or in the heron rookery near the nest for a week or
more, then the osprey comes back and the eagles disappear.  If you are
wondering about the third nest, remember it is on the cell tower in the West
End Assembly of God parking lot.  Have a great day!

Jan
Richmond