[va-richmond-general] Nesting Eastern Bluebirds

  • From: "Kacmarcik" <kacmarcik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 08:56:42 -0400

Was totally blown away yesteday to find a clutch of 5 eggs in my most
productive bluebird box. The bluebirds laid 5 eggs in March but
unfortunately they never hatched. In April they tried again and successfully
hatched 5 of 6 eggs. I am in my garden which backs up to the bluebird box
almost daily and have not noticed any nest box activity of late. Yesterday I
saw a bluebird fly out of the box. What a great surprise to find a beautiful
nest of 5 eggs!

Julie Kacmarcik.
Chester