[va-richmond-general] More Mystery Birds

  • From: "Robin Ruth" <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 20:24:10 -0700

While birding in Forest Hill Park, 3 of us saw a group of 4 or 5 small
birds.  We all identified them as definitely being wrens of some sort but
they were smaller than a Carolina Wren and had very short tails (definitely
shorter than a Carolina).  They were definitely not House Wrens.  They did
have an eye stripe although now I can't remember how pronounced it was.
Could anybody guess under what circumstances you might see 4 or 5 wrens of
some sort moving around together and what kind of wren they might be?