[va-richmond-general] Re: More Catbirds

  • From: "Bob" <rcs5701@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Madden FreeLists.org'" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 16:16:23 -0400

"Our" catbird is also back in our yard.  We actually seem to have two
returning catbirds, one in the front and one in the back.  I am always
amazed that I can count on many of the same migratory species to either come
through my yard in Woodlake or nest here.   "Our"  great crested flycatcher
has been here for at least a week.  And I hope that "our" thrush (never seen
it, but hear it each year) will be nesting this spring.  It would be
wonderful to actually know if it's the exact same individual, offspring of
previous years, or new recruits each year.   I figure it is a mix of all
three.

Good Birding

Bob Siegfried