[va-richmond-general] March 22 Is World Water Day

  • From: Pam Dummitt <pamdummitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv Posting Address <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:49:36 -0700 (PDT)

I recently joined the online community Intent.com, created by Deepak Chopra’s
daughter Mallika as “a place where we can all find inspiration; connect with
others; and become who we aspire to be as individuals, as a society, and as a
planet.”

When I went there to enter my personal intent for today, I found a timely post
from jonathan greenblatt’s blog about World Water Day. In it he includes
several links relating to the subject, including http://www.worldwaterday.org/
which in turn contains numerous links.

The 2009 theme designated by this organization is Transboundary Water, a
topic vigorously discussed following Garrie Rouse’s presentation at Richmond
Audubon Society's monthly meeting last Thursday.

Given the fact that Virginia holds a unique place in the Chesapeake Bay
watershed heirarchy by virtue of it's geography and topography, I propose we
take a moment today, World Water Day, to consider our role as Virginians and
conservationists in the future of our precious water resources.

You can view jonathan's article at:
http://www.intent.com/blog/2009/03/17/let-clean-waters-flow

Pam