[va-richmond-general] Re: MUTE SWANS(?) at Swift Creek Reservoir 8/17/10

  • From: nancy.kitchens@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wealding@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 05:47:00 -0700 (PDT)

I sail out of the Greater Richmond Sailing Association (opposite end of
reservoir from Brandermill).   There have been two Mute Swans on the opposite
shore all Summer.  I'm thinking that the facility there that hosts weddings
(can't remember the name, is it "celebrations"?) may have brought them in for
photo ops.   One year they even hired my husband, daughter and myself to sail
our boat back and forth as a backdrop to a wedding so a few swans sounds like
something they might be interested in.

The Bald Eagle is still there frequently as well.

I'll try  to get a picture next time I'm on the water.

Nancy Kitchens