[va-richmond-general] Louisiana Waterthrush and Hooded Warbler

  • From: Jeremy and Kristen McEntire <jkmcentire@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:30:06 -0400

I went down to 42nd St. this morning, but the river had swallowed up all but a
short stretch of the path at the base of the tower stairs.  Instead I went up
to Forest Hill Park to walk around.  A Louisiana Waterthrush was singing
mightily at the stream just down from the lake.  There, too, was a beautiful
Hooded Warbler, singing his heart out.  Not much else there, not even any
Parulas or Yellow-throated Warblers.

Jeremy McEntire
Mechanicsville