[va-richmond-general] Re: Lots of ducks

  • From: Lisa Mease <kunsthure@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 08:44:59 -0500

Yesterday was a good duck day north of the James as well.  I took my 7y/o
daughter to the West Creek Parkway lakes and we found a wide assortment of
species.  Big numbers of Buffleheads, Lesser Scaups, and Ruddy Ducks; less
than 10 each of Hooded Mergansers, Green-winged Teals, American Wigeons,
and two lonely Ring-necked Ducks; plus the usual Canada Geese and
Mallards.  The highlight of the day was finding a little Horned Grebe.  A
Bald Eagle swooped down below the treetops and gave us a great look.

-Lisa

On Sunday, November 23, 2014, FreeLists Mailing List Manager <
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> va-richmond-general Digest      Sat, 22 Nov 2014        Volume: 13  Issue:
> 179
>
> In This Issue:
>                 [va-richmond-general]  Lots of ducks

> From: "Kathleen Kreutzer" <k-kreutzer@xxxxxxxxxxx <javascript:;>>
> Subject: [va-richmond-general]  Lots of ducks
> Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:31:24 -0500

> Doing errands today passed two areas with lots of Hooded Mergansers -
> Waterford off Charter Colony (which also had a beautiful pair of great blue
> herons) and Mid-Lothian Mines Park.   Each pond had at least 6-8 pairs of
> Hooded Mergansers plus other ducks.
> It is nice to get to enjoy birds while running your Saturday errands, and
> my
> son was patient!  These pics were taken from some distance but you get the
> idea.  Have a great weekend!
>
> Kathy Kreutzer
> West Chesterfield

> End of va-richmond-general Digest V13 #179

the hardest thing is rendering a moment moving too fast to endure.   --
incubus

* http://twitter.com/RVaMedic