[va-richmond-general] James River Park - Pony Pasture 4/22/07

  • From: "Lewis Barnett" <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:25:33 -0400 (EDT)

I had a very nice walk through the Pony Pasture Section of James River
Park this morning between 7:30 and 9:30. I found a number of
First-of-Season birds (for me) today: Prothonotary Warbler, Palm Warbler,
Northern Parula, White-eyed Vireo, Red-Eyed Vireo, and Red-breasted
Merganser (one bird, foraging just along the bank). There were also
Yellow-rumped Warblers, Yellow-throated Warblers, and Common
Yellowthroats, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers a-plenty, a couple of singing Hermit
Thrushes and an Osprey making for the north bank of the river with its
breakfast. Complete list of species is below.

--
Lewis Barnett
Math & Comp Sci, University of Richmond, VA 23173

Location:     James River Park - Pony Pasture Section
Observation date:     4/22/07
Number of species:     37

Canada Goose     5
Mallard     5