[va-richmond-general] James River Park - 42nd St, 5/22/2005

  • From: Lewis Barnett <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 18:01:05 -0400

Eleven birders (who didn't have to be particularly intrepid on this
beautiful Sunday morning) turned out for the walk at James River Park
today. We totaled 50 species. Highlights were observing activity around
a Prothonotary nest right by the main trail, Blackpoll Warblers
everywhere you turned, and a very cooperative Summer Tanager who posed
in the bright sunlight for several minutes just as we descended the
stairs from the parking lot. There was also a late Chestnut-sided
Warbler hanging about.

Here is the complete trip list:

Canada Goose
Mallard - female with 8 ducklings