[va-richmond-general] Home to Virginia

  • From: Caroline Coe <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:31:29 -0400

We're back from a 2-week trip to the Pacific Northwest where we saw so many
wonderful places and birds (the pacific ocean, the old growth forests of Oregon
and the Olympic Peninsula, volcanic mountains, Portland and the Columbia River
Gorge for places and birds as wonderful as Lazuli Buntings, Pigeon Guillemots,
Varied Thrush and Hutton's Vireos to name a few.)

So what a jolt to arrive home yesterday morning to the sounds of late spring in
Virginia and hear and see 16 bird species not present out there!  The
Great-crested Flycatcher, Carolina Wren and Red-eyed Vireo were singing, the
Northern Cardinal, Tufted Titmouse, Carolina Chickadee, Indigo Bunting and
Red-bellied Woodpecker came when John filled the bird feeder. It's nice to be
back in Virginia!

Caroline & John Coe
Chesterfield County