[va-richmond-general] Re: Henricus question

  • From: "Bob Reilly" <rjreilly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:32:12 -0400

Tom,

Sounds like a savannah.  They are present at Henricus.  Have banded them in
the last two years a little over a mile out the Dutch Gap trail. They
average a bit smaller than a song sparrow and need not have any yellow in
the lores. The notched shorter tail is a good mark.  Tail length range for
song sparrow is 56-74.  For the savannah sparrow it is 46-57.  Essentially
no overlap.

Bob Reilly