[va-richmond-general] Henricus and Battery Dantzler 4/4/04

  • From: WEalding@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:49:25 EDT

I spent an hour or so at Henricus this morning, then went over to Battery
Dantzler.  I am embarrassed to say that despite living in the area for 27 years
had never been to Battery Dantzler.  It's a small Civil War site across the
slough from Henricus; directions can be found at
http://www.dgif.state.va.us/wildlife/vbwt/site.asp?trail=1&site=CAP04&loop=CAP

The wind kept stuff down this morning, very few ducks left.  Many
Yellow-throated Warblers singing and Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers much in evidence;
nice
breeding plumage Swamp Sparrows still around.  No sign of the Glossy Ibis that
was
reported last week.

List of species found:

Henricus