[va-richmond-general] Re: Great Blue Herons nesting at Rockwood Park

  • From: Penny Reynolds <psreynolds201@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 10:35:07 -0400

Herons are also actively nest-building in the rookery east of 288 1 1/2 mi
N of Tuckahoe creek pkwy.
The Willey Bridge ospreys  were flying around gathering sticks - at least 3
nests seemed to be active. Btw several well-established nests on pylons
closest to the river are gone. Were they removed by the power company? Can
they do that?