[va-richmond-general] GREAT EGRET at Heron Rookery

  • From: David Bryan <dbryan.audubon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ralph White <jriverpk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:19:29 -0400

Last Saturday I ran by the Heron Rookery and Floodwall to show some
interested family members the herons and other birds. My best count was
around 33 herons at the rookery site. Surprisingly, we also saw a Great
Egret who may be setting up shop (hard to tell).

Other highlights included an Osprey catching a fish right in front of us, a
Mallard-Black Duck hybrid male and Northern Rough-winged Swallows.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

-David Bryan, Chesterfield