[va-richmond-general] Fwd: question for the membership :)

  • From: heron329@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 07:08:31 -0500

Dear Friends,

I got this message today, and thought I would send it to RAS.  This bill comes
up early this week in a House of Delegates subcommittee.  Frank Hall is a
member of this subcommittee, it would be great if he got some calls about this.
 Other delegates should be called, too, in case it gets out of the committee.
It has already passed the Senate.

Delegate Hall's phone number is 897-5900, his email is delegatehall@xxxxxxxx

The uranium mining bill calls for a study, proponents will say, which is
correct, it does.  But it also, in the same bill, calls for setting up the
regulations for the mining.  The study will be meaningless, and the bill
presupposed a favorable result.

If we could at least get the members of the House to remove all the language
from the bill that doesn't pertain to the study, it would be better, but it
would be best to kill the bill.

This proposal would effect Virginia for thousands of years.  Please take a
moment to call your delegate.  You can go to the Virginia General Assembly's
web page and find out how to contact your delegate, at legis.state.va.us/,

Margaret O'Bryan