[va-richmond-general] Re: Fox Sparrow at my feeder

  • From: "IE Ries" <featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:17:25 -0500

  I have gone to using the light-weight plastic feeders that are "sucker
cupped" to the windows in order to foil the squirrels.

  Today I got home to find a male Towhee comfortably passing the afternoon
in one of the little feeders; he wasn't on it, but climbed into it and was
sitting and relaxing (it's a rectangular little tray-like feeder).  The
widow is upstairs on the back bedroom, so I had to do a double-take to see
my usual ground-gleaner, all the way up there, enjoying the view.

  Irene in Southside