[va-richmond-general] Forest Hill Park red-tails

  • From: Lisa Kroll <chocolate217@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:55:44 -0400

Speaking of red-tailed hawks, a pair that lives at Forest Hill Park mated yesterday (well, we witnessed one quick mounting). The nest is in a pine near Forest Hill Ave. According to the book at hand (Lives of North American Birds, by Kenn Kaufman), eggs are incubated for 28 - 35 days, so we'll make a point of visiting there again in a month.

Also seen:
carolina wren
white-throated sparrow
song sparrow