[va-richmond-general] Re: FW: Rex here...

  • From: "Janice Frye" <jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <s.ridd@xxxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 17:33:27 -0500

There were about 6 regularly last year near Riverside and Rattlesnake Creek.
Wondered where they are with all the high water and ice. 0-3 most days right
now.  Not much changes with the BUFFs and RNDUs most days, so I don't post.

Jan

  _____

From: <RSpringston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <s.ridd@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Rex here...
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:30:32 +0000

FYI,

I saw a pair of pied-billed grebes in the James downtown -- near the north
bank, between Brown's Island and the Lee Bridge -- Wednesday afternoon and
again this afternoon. Looked yesterday (I ususually walk down on my lunch
break) but didn't see them. I didn't have my binocs either time, and I
woudln't bet my life on it, but I'm 95 percent sure they were PBGs. Does
that sound right for this time of year?

What seem funny to me was that there was a pair. For whatever reason, I've
more often seen them by themselves.

Rex Springston

Environment Reporter

Richmond Times-Dispatch