[va-richmond-general] Re: Eagle Nest at Wiley Bridge

  • From: ben saunders <betsyben@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:16:21 -0500

 An eagle roosted on that osprey nest last year about this time.  Again
this year I've noticed the bird each morning at sunrise as I drive to
work.  Last year the eagle left the nest to the osprey who returned in
early March.  Perhaps it is an unmated bird.  If another eagle to shows
up, there could be some high drama (excuse the pun) if the osprey return
to find eaglets in their nest....or will the eagles have fledged by then?

Betsy Saunders