[va-richmond-general] Dutch Gap

  • From: "Al Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Audubon Listserve" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:56:50 -0500

On a hike Linda & I did all the way to the end of the 4-mile trail on Tuesday,
we saw more Golden-crowned Kinglets (about 200) than we have ever seen on one
day before. There were also about 20-30 Ruby-crowned Kinglets. They were as
close to us as 2 feet at times. We also got good looks at a Black & White
Warbler. These were all in the last 2 miles, past the maintenance facility.
There were plenty of other birds, including several species of sparrows &
woodpeckers but those were the most spectacular. There were very few ducks in
that area. Lots of Canada Geese and Great Blue Herons. One tree near the
maintenance facility but closer to the power plant had 5 GBH nests in it.

Al Warfield