[va-richmond-general] Dead raptor count/reporting?

  • From: "featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx" <featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:27:34 -0500

I've seen folks post notices regarding dead raptors and I wondered if there
is anyone who 1) keeps track of this that we should tell and 2) who that
organization might be.

On the way to work I saw what appeared to be either a hawk or an owl on the
left should of I-95 south, between mile markers 65 and 66.  The animal
obviously collided with a vehicle, and the sad, shattered and twisted up
body lie on the shoulder forlornly.  Does anyone collect and document this
for research purposes or anything??

Thanks.

Irene in Southside