[va-richmond-general] Cedar Waxwings killed at the State Capitol

  • From: WEalding <wealding@xxxxxxx>
  • To: richard.sliwoski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:40:50 -0500

I am writing to express my concern at the recent events at the State Capitol
where the use of an inappropriate bird repellent caused death and injury to a
number of Cedar Waxwings.  I would like to know how this product was selected,
and whether any input was sought from DGIF or DEQ prior to its use.

These scenes are reminiscent of the use of birdlime in Mediterranean countries,
where songbirds are trapped for food.  They are not what we expect in a
so-called civilized society.  I strongly disapprove of my tax dollars being
used in this fashion.

Wendy Ealding