[va-richmond-general] Canvasbacks and Herons

  • From: Naseem Reza <nreza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lewis Barnett <blbarnett3@xxxxxxxxx>, Richmond Birders <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 23:51:44 -0500

Dear Lewis:

Lou and I were at the Byrd Park lakes Satuday afternoon looking for
the Green-winged Teals without success but we did find 3 males and 1
female Canvasbacks in Boat Lake. They kept to themselves in the middle
of the lake but good lighting allowed me to get some decent shots.

The Grey Herons in Istanbul are ahead of our Great Blues as far as
nest builing goes. The attached picture was taken at Istanbul, Turkey
on February 2nd.

Naseem Reza