[va-richmond-general] Re: Buffleheads have arrived

  • From: "Bob Siegfried" <rcs5701@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:24:22 -0500

I have seen a number of ducks showing up at Swift Creek Reservoir.
Unfortunately, my morning commute over the lake does not allow me time to get
much of a look at them.  There was one fairly large raft earlier last week when
it was cold.

I am interested in checking out the stormwater pond behind Lowes on Hull
street.  There has been a pair of Buffleheads there every winter since they
built it.  One of the last places that I would think to look for a diving duck
like that.  Get photo ops since the pond is fairly small.

Bob Siegfried