[va-richmond-general] Blue Grosbeak 21 April 2012 Chester VA

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 22:10:42 +0000 (UTC)

Last evening as the sun was dipping down I went out to check a few Bluebird boxes and was happy to find a few more hatches and complete clutches. As I looked over the marsh I saw a Greater Yellowlegs and several Wood ducks. Trying to get a photo with the light rapidly leaving, I heard a pretty distinctive chip I had to pull out of the cobwebs. Was happy to find what I thought was making the chip perched atop a pine, a male Blue Grosbeak. Here's a pretty dim photo but you get the idea. Also attaching the rapidly growing brood of 7 Carolina Chickadee's and a surprise box check from this "-eek"!

April showers, we need 'em.

Julie Kacmarcik

Chester