[va-richmond-general] Bathrobe Birding

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:22:46 +0000

Still sipping on the first cup of coffee this morning shaking out the cobwebs from our first owl-less night of 2008-I heard a dull thumping back and forth in the garage. The thumping persisted so I thought best to check it out. There in the corner of the garage behind a bicycle was a Sharp-shinned Hawk trying to get out. On top of the table saw was an explosion of feathers. Both garage doors were open and the Hawk either picked off a bird in the garage or brought it in for breakfast. The hawk was uninjured and easy to contain. His prey was headless and pretty well plucked over-possibly a Robin. Got to show some of the neighborhood kids the Hawk before releasing it back to the wild.

Pretty cool.
JulieK.
Chester