[va-richmond-general] Baby birds

  • From: Nelda Snyder <nsnyder03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Audubon Listserv <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 22:29:40 -0400

On our dock in the little box attached to the post the prothonotary babies are hatching and made it through the terrific storm we had this afternoon. Three of the five eggs have hatched. In a "real" prothonotary box on a post in the lake, five little chickadees have hatched. Another box on a post is empty. The storm winds whipped the branches of the big trees mercilessly---were there any nests in those branches? I hope not.

Nelda and Buz
--
Nelda Snyder 804 795 1446