[va-richmond-general] Re: BLACK VULTURES TO BE KILLED TOMORROW AT HENRICUS PARK

  • From: "featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx" <featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:12:57 -0500

This problem was created by people's tendency to litter and irresponsibly
dispose of discared food, so there is no basis for complaint whatsoever.
People using the boat landing area refuse to responsibly use waste
containers, leaving refuse accessible to the birds, who now recognize lot
as a foraging area.  I'm outraged that yet again, irresponsible humans are
avoiding consequences for situations we ourselves created, painting
wildlife as the sole guilty culprit.  Humans are guilty for creating
volatile situations 100% of the time.  Killing the vultures isn't the
answer and it is unacceptable.

I will try to come there to protest.

Irene in Southside