[va-richmond-general] Allen's Hummingbird 5 December 2010

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Dudley, Sue" <DudleyS@xxxxxxxxxxx>, waterouzel82@xxxxxxxxx, Mark.Kacmarcik@xxxxxxxxxxx, hardhindsa@xxxxxxxxx, michael.kacmarcik@xxxxxx, Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 22:52:56 +0000 (UTC)

The little female Allen's Hummingbird first seen Nov.20 in our yard made it through her "first snow" last night albeit a dusting, the temps got mighty chilly.

She was feeding actively today and enjoyed basking in the sun in a White Oak high above the feeders. Many folks came to visit and to my knowledge, all who came had good looks. Here's the contrast of what I woke up to and what happened a few hours later.

So amazing... this little bird.

Julie Kacmarcik

Chester