[va-richmond-general] ARP 3/30

  • From: Adam D'Onofrio <bigadfromlb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Virginia Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sue D'Onofrio <susabella@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 16:23:57 +0000 (UTC)

This morning I visited Appomattox Riverside Park in Dinwiddie Co. for the first
time this spring. As others have experienced I noted a few "earlier than
normal" arrivals including WOOD THRUSH, OVENBIRD and COMMON YELLOWTHROAT. All
were heard only. Other firsts for me included great looks at several
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLERS, LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSHES and BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS,

Here at home, the RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD that has been here all winter continues to
visit my feeder daily. Guess she'll be leaving soon. Good birding.

Adam D'Onofrio
Dinwiddie Co.