[va-richmond-general] A. Redstarts in the yard

  • From: Larry R Lynch <birder6@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: VA-Richmond-General@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:53:12 -0400

Hey everybody,

Two female / juvenile A. Restarts were in the trees outside my home
office this morning.  These are my first "post breeding dispersal" /
migrants for my yard this season.

If anyone is near the James River this week, you might want to check for
Black Terns.  They are being seen in other parts of the state and could
be arriving here too.  With the low water levels at Swift Creek Reservoir
and other lakes,  this could be a good time to find some interesting
shorebirds too.  Let us know if you find any.

                Larry

Larry Lynch
Chesterfield County
birder6@xxxxxxxx