[Va-bird] Tour Merrimac Farm

  • From: Kim Hosen <khosen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:46:11 -0400

Tour Merrimac Farm <http://www.pwconserve.org/events/index.html#merrimac>

When: Saturday, June 23, from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m.
Where: 14710 Deepwood Lane, click here for directions. <http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=14710+deepwood+lane&city=nokesville&state=va&zipcode=>
RSVP & Questions: Call 703.499.4954 or alliance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please join us for a tour of Merrimac Farm on June 23. We'll walk from the upland forest to the floodplain along Cedar Run, which are home to a diversity of wildlife. Preferred attire includes sturdy hiking shoes, long socks, long pants, hat and light colors. Bring water to drink, bug spray, binoculars and cameras. We have some binoculars to share.

Merrimac Farm is a great place to watch birds and other wildlife! Click here <http://www.pwconserve.org/issues/conservation/merrimacfarm/birds.htm> to read about the birds of Merrimac Farm before your visit! We've been trying to preserve Merrimac Farm for public use for several years. This conservation project took a huge step forward when the Virginia Land Conservation Foundation approved funding for the preservation of Merrimac Farm on June 13th. This 300-acre property protects one mile of frontage along Cedar Run and more than 200 acres of nontidal wetlands. We hope you can join us for our tour on Saturday and see this fabulous property for yourself! Read more about Merrimac Farm... <http://www.pwconserve.org/issues/conservation/merrimacfarm/index.htm>