[Va-bird] Shirley Plantation Road-Charles City

  • From: Barbara Houston <rinksyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bird VA <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 10:47:32 -0500

I rode through the road that goes to Shirley Plantation this morning and had quite a bit of activity. I entered from Route 5 went to the plantation, beared to the left, went to route 106, turned and came back to Route 5. Ended up spending close to two hours in there.

It was very foggy and overcast when I first got there and ran into a large group of quail on the edge of the road in the woods. Lots of cardinals and waxwings, but most high in the trees.
Cardinals
American Robins
Eastern Meadowlarks
Tufted Titmouse