[Va-bird] Red-breasted Nuthatch - Troutville

  • From: <nanjyoung@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 23:26:13 -0400

Today I had a Red-breasted Nuthatch at my feeder. I also saw one last Tuesday but didn't report it because I only saw it for a split second so I wasn't 100% sure. The one that came today confirmed what I saw last week. It's a very distinctive bird but a surprise because even the White-breasted Nuts don't show up here very often. Both times it was on the seed feeder and not the suet.

Nancy Young
Troutville, VA
Botetourt County