[Va-bird] Marsh Wrens, Pine Siskins, Red-necked Grebe, et. al. at Lake Frederick, Frederick Co.

  • From: "David Boltz" <david.boltz4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 16:47:26 -0400

Besides the previously posted Red-necked Grebe, which was still present as of noon, 3 Marsh Wrens were singing back and forth in the swamp below the dam breast. We got a couple of brief looks, but no pics. I actually saw one on Monday, but it was a quick look with no vocalization, so I wasn't 100% sure and therefore didn't post. There were 3 Common Loons on the lake, a Ruddy Duck, and a female Red-breasted Merganser. There were Pine Siskins at a neighborhood feeder, along with Purple Finches.

Pictures (pretty distant, so cropped quite a bit) can be seen attached to my ebird list at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S36290038 .

Dave Boltz

Lake Frederick, Frederick, Virginia, US
Apr 26, 2017 7:30 AM - 12:00 PM