[va-bird] Is this a Greater White Fronted Goose, or just a "different" Canada @ Huntley + another ID Help

  • From: Jim Poor <jtpoor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: VA Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:07:21 -0400

All,

I had an accurate count of Canada Geese up to 49 and then they started coming in large numbers from multiple directions and I lost track up around 70 or so....

Among them was one with a brown neck, pale bill and legs, as well as a white eye ring...... I can't quite make it match a Greater White Fronted either, so I wonder if it's just abnormal. The tail feathers are not black, and the backside looks different when compared to the Canada.

I also came across something warblerish, that I have tried to make into a Black-throated Grey Warbler, but I don't think so....

Both Birds can be seen in the first two pics HERE : http://upload.pbase.com/jimpoor/inbox

Thanks again, in advance :)

Jim