[Va-bird] Bird Walk Saturday at New Quarter Park near Williamsburg

  • From: Shirley Devan <sedevan52@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bird VA <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:00:55 -0400

Greetings, Virginia Birders,

Join us for an early bird walk this Saturday, June 23, at New Quarter Park near Williamsburg, VA.

Bill Williams, our walk leader this week, is Director of Education for W&M's Center for Conservation Biology and a founding member and current board member of the Williamsburg Bird Club (currently celebrating 30 Birdy Years!).

Meet at the parking lot next to the park office at 7:00 a.m. At the end of May the group found 57 species. Check out the club's web site at: http://www.wmbgbirdclub.com/index_files/page0009.htm where the 57 varieties are listed along with a photo of the group.

We're likely to see lots of young birds trying to learn from their parents how to make their way in the world.

Here's a link to New Quarter Park's web site: http:// www.yorkcounty.gov/parksandrec/parks/new_quarter/1nqp_info.htm

Directions: New Quarter Park is located near Queens Lake at the end of Lakeshead Drive. Take Route 143 East (toward Newport News) to Penniman Rd. Turn left onto Penniman, then left onto Hubbard Lane. Follow Hubbard Lane for about one mile. After Colonial Parkway overpass, turn right on Lakeshead and follow to the park. Call 890-3513 if you need more directions.

Hope to see you there!

Shirley Devan
Williamsburg Bird Club
cell: 757.813.1322