[uupretirees] Fwd: Tell Congress: Seniors Will Not Accept Benefit Cuts

  • From: Frank Goldsmith <crinum@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Charles McAteer <cfmcateer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 08:40:42 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Max Richtman, National Committee" <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: January 31, 2023 at 6:18:51 AM EST
To: crinum@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Tell Congress: Seniors Will Not Accept Benefit Cuts

 This message contains graphics. If you do not see the graphics, click here to view.

Unsubscribe

Dear Frank,

Hard-right politicians in Congress have indicated a readiness, even eagerness, to hold our economy (actually, the global economy!) hostage unless severe cuts are made to your Social Security and Medicare benefits. And it’s clear they’re not bluffing.

Make no mistake, this powerful faction in Congress doesn’t want to just trim seniors’ programs, they want to scalp them. And that would be devastating to the retirement security of millions of older Americans who rely on their earned benefits just to afford their basic needs and frankly get by.

That’s why SENIORS MUST TAKE A STAND NOW against any momentum in Congress to slash Social Security and Medicare in the name of deficit reduction! Please sign our Emergency Petition today and represent other seniors in your community who may not have the means or ability to participate in our urgent campaign.

I’m not trying to be an alarmist, but your earned benefits are hanging in the balance!

Today too many wealthy and well-connected politicians in Congress don’t understand the needs of workers and retirees — or they simply don’t care. What’s worse, some lawmakers are too easily persuaded to do the bidding of Wall Street bankers, Big Pharma executives and huge insurance companies.

And so before votes are cast that would devastate your financial security and limit your access to quality and affordable health care, we really need you and all National Committee members and supporters from all 50 states to voice your concerns directly to your lawmakers.

Americans who make their wishes unmistakably clear to Congress in overwhelming numbers have the best chance to defeat harmful legislation. That’s the way our system works. Please sign our urgent petition today!

Sincerely,

Max Richtman
President & CEO

SIGN NOW!

Member contributions to the National Committee, a nonprofit 501(c)(4) organization, are not tax-deductible.

© 2023 by the National Committee
111‌ K St‌,‌ Sui‌te ‌700 | Washington, DC 20002
www.ncpssm.org  | 1-202-216-0420

View this email in browser | Click here to unsubscribe
Privacy Policy | Disclosure Statement | Click here to donate