<US>Happy New Year! Start Over!

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 10:27:01 -0600

.=:  U S U A L    S U S P E C T S  :=.
      from Father Pat Umberger

"Round up the usual suspects"  ~"Casablanca," the movie

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R

No matter what, we can "Start Over."  See our special New Year card to you,
at my Web Site!

Visit our New Year Page for:
*Our New Year Card to You
*New Year's Countdown
*New Year's in the U.S.A.
*A Pledge of Non-Violence your family may wish to take!
*New Year Art and Projects
*New Year's Eve in Times Square
*How to Keep Your New Year's Resolution
*Much more!

*Also, Christmas pictures from Saint Pat's Parish and Saint Pat's School
*And download the cutest Epiphany Windows Desktop Wallpaper ever!

Use the on-line Referral Form to recommend our page to your friends, too.
Just click the "New Year's" Link from:

     www.frpat.com/

S  P O N S O R    A    C H I L D
What a wonderful way to start a New Year!

I sponsor two children in Mexico.  What an enriching experience.  I am able
to get messages to him at any time.  I was able to send a Christmas gift,
too.  And if I'd like to visit him someday, that is possible as well.  All
it costs is $18 a month.  I've already received a photo of my child and a
letter from him.  If you're interested in learning more . and seeing a photo
of my child, just follow the link from my Web Site: www.frpat.com

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R S   T O   G U A D A L U P E

I'll be heading for Mexico City and Guadalupe on 08 January with two priest
friends.  We'll be happy to remember your prayer intentions when we visit
Guadalupe, at daily Mass and at the many Churches we'll visit.  Just submit
your intention using the handy form linked from:

       www.frpat.com

A   T R E A T

S T A R T    O V E R

When you've trusted Jesus and walked his way
When you've felt his hand lead you day by day
But your steps now take you another way,
start over.

When you've made your plans and they've gone awry
When you've tried your best and there's no more try
When you've failed yourself and you don't know why,
start over.

When you've told your friends what you plan to do
When you've trusted them and they didn't come through
And now you're all alone and it's up to you,
start over.

When you've failed your kids and they're grown and gone
When you've done your best but it's turned out wrong
And now your grandchildren have come along,
start over.

When you've prayed to God so you'll know his will
When you've prayed and prayed and you don't know still
When you want to stop cause you've had your fill,
start over.

When you think you're finished and want to quit
When you've bottomed out in life's deepest pit
When you've tried and tried to get out of it,
start over.

When the year has been long and successes few
When December comes and you're feeling blue
God gives a January just for you,
start over.

Starting over means "Victories Won"
Starting over means "A Race Well Run"
Starting over means "The Lords' Will Done"

We need not  just sit there  ...  START OVER.

I wish you a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year!

      ~Father Pat

May God Bless you and those you love, and keep you safe,

Father Pat

www.frpat.com
www.cmonback.com
www.frpat.com/fatima_interested.htm

U S U A L    S U S P E C T S

These are called ?Usual Suspects? posts.  In the movie ?Casablanca? when there
was a problem the police chief said, ?Round up the usual suspects.?  When
forwarding inspiring e-mails I found I was sending them to the same people over
and over again.  The ?Casablanca? quote came to mind and the mail-list took on
the name ?Usual Suspects.?

The <US>Usual Suspects Group began as a separate e-mail list with..  A post or
two are sent each week, consisting of inspirational and humorous Stories and
anecdotes forwarded to me by our members.

Posts to this group are not intended to offend, hurt or discriminate against
anybody. They come from different theologies and points of view that aren't
necessarily Father Pat's, Catholic, or that of Father Pat's Diocese or the
parish he serves. Some are humorous, others inspirational, most are both. They
are simply food for thought, prayer, enjoyment and good conversation. If you
don't wish to receive them, please unsubscribe. It is not our intent to pass on
copyrighted material. Many of the posts we receive don't quote a source, so we
can't be absolutely sure. We ask our members *not* to submit copyrighted
material.

Stories for possible Usual Suspects inclusion should
be submitted at our Web Site.

   http://frpat.com/stories.htm

Please do not submit copyrighted material.

Subscribe/Unsubscribe right here:

   www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm#us

You can also set Vacation Mode there.

Forward this e-mail freely to family members and friends.
Encourage them to subscribe as well!

Why not join our Morning Prayer or This Weekend List.  Full details are here:

       www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm