[USS Tempest] Trouble Makers

  • From: TKilyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, usstempest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 05:19:56 EDT

"You're so blowing smoke," Frankie glared  at Mika, Manny, Tabetha and
T'Pern. "No way you guys can touch me." At  their dubious expressions, she
stomped
her foot. "Fine, I'll prove it. Abbie'll  come with me." She looked at her
sister. "You'll be my navigator." She looked  at Tab,  "You take Mika. And
T'Pern,
you take Manny. We'll go in three  teams. There's two man fighters in the
repair bay. Come on." Without waiting for  a response, Frankie took off at a
run.
"Last one there eats  bugs!"

Tabetha  didn't even think about it, she grabbed Mika's hand and took off
after  Frankie.  "You so haven't thought about the magnificence of the
Swiftwinds."

Manny rolled his eyes and looked at T'Pern.  "Shall  we?"

T'Pern quirked a brow and glanced at Manny  before breaking into a sprint.
"Vulcans," she called back over her shoulder, "do  not eat bugs."

"HEY!"  Manny pelted off after her, his cheeks  red.  "That's not fair!"

Tabetha glanced behind her and  giggled.  "Manny's eatin' bugs!"

"Eww, " Frankie laughed as she entered the  bay. "Always knew boys ate bugs."
Dragging Abbie along behind her, she headed  for the first shuttle that
wasn't dismantled. "Come on...launch time."

"I  do not," he puffed as he skidded to a halt, last of course, "eat bugs.
You  are such a girl!"

"That's right," Frankie agreed, smiling as  if he'd just paid her the
ultimate compliment. "I am. See ya at the finish line,  boy." Firing up the
fighter
she'd chosen, she winked at Abbie  and shouted. "Around the moon and back.
Let's go."

Tabetha giggled  loudly, helping Mika into their fighter then strapping
herself in.  "I've  never flown one of these, have you?"

T'Pern  dove into the pilot's seat and buckled up, gesturing to Manny to take
the  navigator spot. "I have decided," she said with a perfectly straight
face, "that  Vulcan's don't lose either. Get in now."

"Have you ever flown one of  these?" Manny asked as he dropped into the nav's
seat.  "Coz, you know, I  have... well, I did once under supervision."

"Vulcans," she said with authority,"pilot.  They do not navigate. Now buckle
up." Almost as an afterthought she added, "And  as a rule I require no
supervision." Well, she avoided supervision. That was  close enough to the same
thing
she supposed.

"Vulcans are also really  stuck up," he muttered as he buckled in.  Staring
at the console in front  of him, he grunted as he typed in a few things.  He'd
never used one but he  guessed it was about the same as any other computer
system and he was a whiz  with them.

"They also have exemplary hearing and  don't like being called names," she
warned him, her eyes narrowing as she began  the preflight sequence she'd
learned on the simulators her father used to  have.

"Yeah well get used to it," he grumbled.  "I hate being told  what to do."

"So at which point will you be having your  insect dinner?" T'Pern asked
sweetly.  "Hmm...I wonder if you can order them on a  replicator. If not I know
where they're kept in hydroponics. Would you prefer  worms or snails? Or both?"

"Snails," he said automatically, not even  really listening as he checked
through the onboard computer for a manual he  could read as they went.  "Done
in
garlic and butter."

"Really? I wasn't aware they were to be  cooked." T'Pern answered. "Or even
necessarily dead. Perhaps we should clarify  that with Frankie." She reached
for the comm button. slowly as if daring him to  try to stop her.

"Go ahead," he shrugged.  "Snails are for garlic  butter and worms are fresh.
 Ever have Gagh?"  He grinned at her, his  eyes shining.  "Squiggle a little
but tastes fine!"

"I believe you should be made to eat raw,  slimy, moving snails. Possibly
still in the shells. I imagine the likes of you  would find the crunch most
satisfying." T'Pern challenged, trying hard not to  gag at the image.

"Cool!" he cheered, laughing brightly.  "Here's  the dare then.  I'll eat
crunchy snails in their shells if you eat snails  fresh from the arboretum."

T'Pern drew herself up to her full height  and responded with the utmost
dignity. "Not only are Vulcan's vegetarians, we  are also far too intelligent
eat bugs."

"Ah, too chicken, eh?" Manny  teased.  "Too scared to eat a bug.  Well, more
for me  then!"

"Fine. I'll meet you in the mess hall when  we return but only if you can
find it in you to remain perfectly silent now."  T'Pern snapped. Snails indeed!

How did she always get into these messes?  Why did she always follow where
Frankie lead? If they were to get caught they'd  be dead. Mommy would turn that
rare shade of pink and Daddy would go all blue  and purple. As she sat in the
navigator's seat, Abbie just looked at all the  displays and buttons. What the
hell was she suppose to do? "Frankie, what do I  push?"

"Nothing," Frankie smirked. "I got this."  Going through the startup sequence
the way her dad had shown her repeated, she  gunned it and shot out of the
bay into the open space, heading toward Taursus,  the first moon.

At first Abbie felt as if she were going to be sick, but  once that passed
she giggled and cheered. "THAT WAS FUN! DO IT  AGAIN!"

"Daddy is  not going to think this is funny," Mika muttered as she slunk down
in her  seat.  "And bugs are gross unless they're butterflies.  Those are
pretty at least."

"I like the glow bugs we have at home," Tabetha said as  she pushed a button
and cheered when she made the move.  "They make the  prettiest sound when
they're flying and they're so warm and  cute."

"That's a Klingon ship," Mika said as she  finally mustered the courage to
peer out a window.  "Gressa said her sons  used to be on one."

"Isn't  that one a Romulan?" Tabetha asked as goosebumps started up her arms.
  "Um...  um...  it doesn't look so safe out  here."

All at once the sky lit up around them.  Their way back to Georgetown was cut
off by Gorn fighters coming at them.

"Oh shit," Frankie muttered. To Abbie she  hissed, "Duck and hold on." Into
the comm she shouted. "Everybody, barrel  roll!"

"What's a barrel roll?" Mika asked, her  eyes transfixed in shock.

Stephanie had no problem getting her  cousins for dinner, she liked doing
things for her Aunt Joanna. The woman asked  rather then ordered, and she found
it easier to do as she was asked that way.  She was even getting use to the
ship and only had to ask for help finding place  half the time now, only she
had
to ask it where her cousins were this time cause  she couldn't find them. When
the computer lady said they were in the repair bay,  Stephanie couldn't help
but get a bad feeling. When she stepped inside and found  no one, the feeling
got worse. âMs. Computer, where are Frankie and Abbie  Murgo?"

âNeither individual is on board the  Georgetown ."

âSon of ..."

Gressa was holding a lid on her  temper.  Perhaps the child was merely
fawning over her infant siblings  again.  That was rightfully so but she needed
make sure.  She  stomped her way back to the family quarters and stepped
inside, still not  needing to knock.  There, was Kaartaren's woman and the
twins but
no  Mika.  "Where is she?"

"I thought she was with you." Calista  answered, her eyes wide with concern.
"Computer, locate Mika  Kaartaren."

"MIKA KAARTAREN IS NOT ON BOARD THE  GEORGETOWN ."

Calista's breath caught in her throat as  she tapped her comm badge. "Pas,
this is Calista. Please tell me Mika's with  you."

Biting her lip Stephanie wasn't sure what  to do until she heard on of the
engineers ask where the three fighters they were  working on went. Her plan to
give her cousins the benefit of the doubt just flew  out the air lock. Tapping
the badge she was given to wear she called out, "How  does this thing work?
Aunt Joanna? Hello?"

"Yes, darling," Joanna's voice came back  to her. "what's keeping you girls?"

Stephanie jumped when her aunt's voice  came from no where. It was taking her
a while to adjust to ship life. "Um, well,  see, I think maybe they've done
something kinda stupid."

"Oh, dear," Her aunt's voice sighed. "What  now?"

"Well see, I asked the computer where to  find them and she told me in the
repair bay," Stephanie explained. "They're not  here, but the men working here
say three of the broken down fighters are missing  and the computer lady now
says Frankie and Abbie aren't on the  ship."

"oh my.." Joanna stopped as the full  impact of what the girl had just said
hit. "Stay there. I'm coming to you."  Joanna  bound out of the cabin at a dead
run with Zoe in her  arms, calling Darius and filling him in on the way.

Where was she going to go? She had to use  the lights in the walls Nan had
shown her to get here. Stephanie waited as she  was told and then gasped when
the ship shook.

Darius groaned as he looked over at John's  first officer. The man was
clearly busy and was he was glad for it, last thing  he wanted to do was add to
the
man's stress. "I'm on the bridge, do you need me  to come with you?"

"If you're actually doing something, then  I suppose not, but if you're just
sitting there watching I could perhaps use  your pull with the engineers at
the moment. After all, they are OUR girls." Joanna snapped, unable to believe
he'd even asked  that.

"Frankie..." Abbie whined as their fighter  turned over and over, "I'm gonna
be sick!"

"Just do it that way," Frankie ordered,  indicating the side farthest from
her. "A puke party in here would be bad. Hang  on!"She dove the fighter nose
first, before coming up beneath the Georgetown ,  trying hard to shake the
enemies on their tail. "Do me a favor. See that red  button there in the
middle?" at
Abbie's nod, she continued. "Don't stop pushing  it until I tell you to,
okay?"

"Ok," Abbie replied and pushed the button.

Darius slipped off the bridge and made his  way down to the repair bay. He
knew that tone, he'd stuck his foot in his mouth  again.

"How nice of you to prioritize us  appropriately my darling," Joanna hissed
at his arrival, "Now if you would  kindly convince these oafs to allow us a
shuttle of some sort our children are  out there!" She pointed outside the
hanger
toward the middle of the fight. "Bad  enough our boys are somewhere out there
on that moon, but now our girls..."  Before she could say anything else the
moon exploded before them. Joanna stood  there in wide eyed silence, clutching
her youngest daughter in one arm and her  neice in the other. Their boys.
Where were their boys?

As she watched the debris from the moon,  Stephanie guessed now would not be
the right time to tell her aunt she couldn't  breath, she was holding so
tightly.

Darius looked at one of the young men and  barked, "Where's the captain's
yacht?"

"Sir" the man started but was cut off when  the retired admiral simply walked
out of the repair bay.

"Computer direct me to the captain's  yacht," Darius ordered then followed
the blinking lights. If John was as  practicable as he thought, he'd have used
Lindsey's birthday for his pass code.  He was going to go get his girls then
bright them back for their mother to  cuddle before he took them both to task
for this stunt.

The computer lit the way to the captain's  yacht, and Joanna followed on her
husbands heels. "Are we going after  them?"

"I am,"he replied as they  headed for the right bay. "You are going to take
our other girls and go  back to the cabin. You might want to inform their
friends  parents."

"I can do that from the shuttle," Joanna  protested, eyes blazing. "You can't
do this alone."

Zoe just shook her head at her father.  "Daddy silly, tell Mommy go home."

"I'll take Zoe back," Stephanie offered.

"Perfect," Joanna agreed readily, passing  the small child to Stephanie.
"Take her back, see to it you're both fed. We'll  return once we've retrieved
the
others." Turning to her husband she demanded.  "Let's go."

"Yes Aunt Joanna," Stephanie replied as  she took her littlest cousin and
then headed for the cabin.

Darius opened his mouth to argue and then  thought better of it. Even the
baby could see he wasn't winning this one. "All  right, let's go."

Joanna  nodded and headed for the entrance of the yacht.

"Murgo to bridge," Darius called out as he  started up the yacht. "I'm not
sure how you manages to miss it, but three there  were three unscheduled
launches a few moments ago. There are children out there.  I'm taking the yacht
out
to recover them. Assistance would be  appreciated."

Nikolas blinked.  "WHAT?"

"Commander, the captain's yacht has just  launched."

Pas had been unable to answer Calista  right away, busy as he was with making
sure their young refugees didn't hurt  themselves or anyone else for that
matter.  For a bizarre moment, he looked  among the children.  No, of course
she's not here.  How could I miss a  perfectly healthy Betazoid among these
poor
things?  And my own child to  boot?  "Calista," he said very calmly, "she was
supposed to be with  Gressa.  Are you telling me she's not?"

"Perceptive  as always," Calista quipped, worry flooding through her as she
set the infants  down in their baskets and headed for the door. "Please watch
them, Gressa. I'll  go find her."

Pas bit back several oaths he'd heard his  father use, caught between wanting
to know where his daughter had gotten to and  having to do his duty as an
officer.  The refugee children were somewhat  subdued with the mild gas but
that
wouldn't last.  He knew that.   ~~Let me know if you need me to get out of
here, imzadi, and be careful.   It's not pretty out there.~~

~I will, beloved~ Calista answered as she  headed out the door. Only then did
she recieve Stephanie's comm. Freezing in her  tracks, she relayed the
information to her husband. The Murgoes had gone  for all the girls. They,
along
with their Mika, were out there in the  middle of the fighting.

"Oh for the love of..."Pas muttered,  running a hand through his hair,
disturbing the carefully brushed waves.   "Somebody's going to be in so much
trouble..."

As soon  as Darius saw the barrel rolling fighter he knew which one held his
daughter.  Tapping open a secure channel he spoke to them first. "You have
until I beam you  over here to think of one reason I shouldn't kill you both."

"How 'bout you love us" came Frankie's  answer as she rolled left, her
sister's constant fire taking out yet another of  the Gorn craft. "Look out.
Abbie's
not aiming. Just  shooting."

"This is fun!" Abbie added in.

Darius couldn't help it, he smiled. Then  he opened a channel to each of the
fighters. "Ok listen up. rugrats. I'm going  to beam you all over to this
shuttle, and I need you each to do just as I say.  When I give the word, lower
you
shields. Am I clear?"

"But Daddy, my ship, " Frankie protested,  remembering what her daddy had
told her about the value of a ship to it's  captain. "What about my ship?"

"If I were you Francesca Elizabeth Murgo  I'd be more worried about how you
plan on sitting for the next month," Darius  replied as he locked onto the
closest fighter.

"Is my dad really mad?" Mika  asked.

"I don't know, sweetie, but I'm going to  give a guess towards yes," Darius
told the girl. "Ok Mika, when I say so I want  you to press the orange button
next to the picture of the fighter with the  orange outline, ok sweetie?"

Mika bit her lip, feeling tears start in  her eyes.  Daddy never got mad and
neither did Calista.  Well, not at  her but she'd seen them mad at other
people and it wasn't pretty.  With a  sigh, she did as she was told.

Frankie spun her fighter about, aiming at  the oncoming Gorn and cheering
when they evaporated in a cloud of  flames.

T'Pern listened to the conversation.   She hit the comm button. "Frankie,
perhaps we should finish the race so that we  may head back to the ship..."

"How do we do that?" Frankie asked in all  seriousness. "The moon we were
going to circle is GONE."

"Hmm.." T'Pern's voice came back very  solemnly. "That could present a rather
daunting dilemma, I  suppose."

He had to time it just right, his fingers  flying over his console faster
then they had in ages. "Now  Mika."

Eyes closed and cringing as if she  expected something to blow up (well, that
moon had, hadn't it?), Mika pressed  the button that Mr. Murgo said to.

Joanna gasped when she saw the tandem  ejections. There were two. Bad enough
her girls and Mika, but who else had they  dragged into this madness? She
whirled toward the tranporter as the girls  materialized, only to turn again as
the bright flash off port told them the  fighter they'd been in only moments
before was now destroyed. "Darius, the  others, quickly..." she urged as she
ran
to help the two now aboard to their  feet.

A female voice cut over the comm  "This is Tempest Flight Control, Sit rep
please?"

"Never mind that," a disgruntled male cut  across, "Get that bloody yacht
back to Georgetown . There's enough to contend  with Gornwise! Scimitar Green
leader break and escort them back to their ship!"

Edward moved to the replictator "Jasmine  Green Tea."

"Daddy," came Frankie's voice, suddenly  small with fear. "Did you get Mika
and Tabetha? Please say  yes."

"Yes I have them.  Hold tight, baby,"  Darius replied before switching comm.
channels. "I am not going anywhere until I  get the children out of those
fighters, boy.  You'd best hold your  people back."  He was in admiral mode, he
couldn't help it--it was how he  was for so very long.  "That's an order." He
then wheeled around to the  second fighter, the one with Vulcan life signs.
"You're next, T'Pern. When I  give the word you lower your shields."  He knew,
despite her age, that  Frankie could handle the fighter, so he had to get the
ones he didn't know about  first.

"We await your order, sir," T'Pern's voice  came back calmly.

"We?" Joanna asked, rounding on Mika and  Tabetha. "Exactly how many of you
children are out here?"

He had to wait a split second longer then  last time before he called
out,"Now, T'Pern."  As soon as the shields went  down, he locked onto them,
lowered
their own shields and beamed them aboard. In  the moments before raising his
shields again, Darius used the yacht's tractor  beam to push the fighter into
the path of two Gorn fighters. He fired at the  fighter just as he replaced his
shields, then smirked when it took out its  targets. "Alright, baby, you two
next. Try to come closer and a little more in  the clear."

Frankie rolled and dove as Abbie kept  firing, trying to find a lane to get
closer to her dad and safety.

At her age all Abbie ever heard was 'don't  touch that', don't press that',
so she was having way to much fun pressing the  fire button. She would cheer
every time she hit a bad ship and cringed when she  hit one of their own. She
really flinched when she hit the ship her Daddy was in  twice. "Sorry Daddy!"

"You're not supposed to shoot the people  on your team, Abigail," he replied
as he inched into a better position. It  was harder this time.  They'd
attracted some attention and he couldn't  find the moment he needed to lower
the
shields.

"They  won't stop coming, Daddy." Frankie hissed in frustration as she again
dove and  rolled, trying to shake their pursuers while still staying within
range of the  yacht..

It was a risk, but he couldn't just let  his daughters hang out in a battle.
"Everyone sit down and buckle up," he  ordered as he headed towards his
daughter's fighter.  "We have to do this,  Frankie. When I give the word lower
your
shields."

"Okay,  Daddy. Say when," Frankie agreed, trying hard to sound braver than
she  felt.

Joanna quickly made sure the other four  were bucked in tightly, then took
her place next to her husband and did the same  for herself. "Be sure, Darius.
can't lose them," she told him quietly, the  fear clearly etched in every
feature of her face.

It was what had gotten him and John to  their ranks so early, both men had
been willing to take risks. He met his wife's  eyes for only a brief moment
before turning back to what he had to do. He locked  onto his daughters
signatures
and then called out, "Now,  Frankie."

Frankie did as instruction without  hesitation, then held tight to her
sister's hand, as if assuring she made it out  with her.

Darius held his breath after punching in  the commands. Just as the girls
dematerialized their small fighter was  destroyed,  its attacker now turning
its
attention onto them. He had to  wait, he couldn't put the shields up, not
until the girls rematerialized.

Mika bit her lip and stared up at  Joanna.  "I'm in a lot of trouble," she
said, oddly calm though tears  poured down her cheeks.  "Where's Daddy and
Calista?"

"They're waiting for us on the ship,  honey," Joanna answered, only half
listening, her eyes transfixed on the  transporter platforms.

Two small shapeless outlines appeared on  the transporter pads and slowly
began to take shape. Darius didn't breath again  until his daughters were fully
solid and he could see unharmed. "You two are in  so much trouble it isn't
funny."

"Not even a little?" Frankie asked, trying  hard to suppress a grin.

Darius  spared a glance over his shoulder as he headed back towards
Georgetown . "I'd  keep quiet if I were you, Francesca Elizabeth, unless you
want to be
dealt with  in front of your friends."

Frankie snickered quietly. Looking from  one friend to the other she mouthed
the word "busted" before turning her  attention to the scene outside. "Whoa!
Look at all them  fighting."

"Sit down and buckle in, Francesca,"  Darius ordered, "You, too, Abigail."

"Yes sir," Frankie answered docilely,  though the smirk remained.

Why the hell did she have to be so much  like him all the time? Darius asked
himself as he tried to get them all back to  the ship safely.

Pas  glanced at Aidoaneth.  The man was oddly calm about the mass of
snarling,  wild young people behind the force field.  He supposed it was a
product of
having served so long in the Romulan military.  As much as he disliked the
idea, he was beginning to warm to the idea of inducing calm or unconsciousness
by artificial means.  Nothing could be done until then, not without causing
any of the medical staff harm.  Even still, he knew he could spare a  thought
to check on his eldest.  She was terrified.

Calista waited patiently in the docking  bay for the yacht to return with her
eldest child. She wasn't sure whether she'd  hold her or scold her first. She
couldn't believe she'd done something so  stupid. She needed her safe in her
arms. She needed to know she was  okay.

"That's it," Mika mumbled.  "I'm  never going out ever again."

"At least not until next time," Frankie  whispered, fighting the urge to
giggle.

Mika shook her head, curls flying in her  vehemence.  "My dad hardly ever
gets mad but he gets really really mad when  he does.  And then Calista's gonna
be made and Gressa and...nope, never  going out ever again."

It seemed  to take forever, but Darius got the yacht back into its bay
safely, though a  little banged up. "John'll never notice a scratch or two," he
muttered. He  was going to ignore the other damage, maybe it wouldn't be there
if
he did. "No  one leaves this vessel until a parent or guardian comes to pick
them  up," he ordered as he set the shuttle down and then powered down, "Am I
clear?"

Mika glanced at Manny.  She was sure  that his father and hers were really
working if all the bad guys were fighting  with their ship and the Tempest.
"Does that mean me and Manny have to stay  here?  Because I bet Calista and his
dad and mine are all real  busy."

Calista beamed aboard the shuttle the  moment it touched down and all but ran
to where her daughter sat, unbuckling her  and sweeping her up in her arms.
"Oh, thank the Gods." She whispered, holding  her tightly. After a moment she
set her down and asked sternly. "What were you  thinking?"

MIka threw her arms around the woman and  held on tight.  "She lifted up her
face eventually, cheeks stained  with tears.  "Umm...I didn't know they were
going to do that.   Seriously, Calista!  I thought we were just going to look
around."

Calista couldn't speak, so overwhelmed  with gratitude was she. "Thank you,"
she said to the Murgoes when at last she  found her voice. "Thank you for
bringing her home safely." To Mika, she said,  giving her a gentle squeeze.
"We'll
talk about it at home, honey. I'm sure  you're father will want a few
answers, too."

Darius simply nodded.

"Daddy's going to be mad," she stated,  completely sure of the matter.

"quite likely," Calista agreed. "I am too.  But I'm also very relieved you
made it back safely. We love you. We couldn't  bear it if anything happened to
you."

"I didn't know," Mika said again, the  tears rolling freely.  "I don't wanna
leave you and Daddy and the babies  and Gressa.  I love you."

"I love you too, precious. We both do.  That's why you can never do this
again."

Abbie liked Mika, she really did, she was  one of her best friends, but she'd
never make it as a Murgo, the girl was too  soft.

Mika knew it was rude to listen in on  other people's thoughts uninvited but
she was too upset to care.  She stuck  her tongue out at Abbie.  "That's okay
because we're  Kaartarens."

Frankie laughed. "Yes, you are!" she  agreed, seeing the look on her sister's
face. Then all the sudden, she frowned.  "Well, but Calista isn't really yet
is she? I don't remember her all in white or  nothing yet. Right?"

"That's Human custom," Mika stated, her  arms still tight around Calista.
"Me and Daddy aren't Human and Calista's  only half Human.  Betazoids don't
even
have clothes at their  weddings."

"Ok, I can so think of some grown ups who  should not go naked, " Abbie
scrunched her nose, and then blinked. "Wait,  N'Ellie's Betazoid, does that
mean
when her and Josh get married everyone has to  be naked?"

"Betazoid weddings are that way because  we're supposed to be honest and
nonprivate.  That's why my dad gets so  annoyed with rude Betazoids who read
other
people's thoughts and embarrass  them," Mika explained.  She bit her lip and
offered Abbie an apologetic  shrug.  "Sorry about that, Abbie, I was upset."
She looked up at  Calista.  She was beautiful even when she was pregnant with
the  babies.  "N'Ellie's part Klingon and part Human, too.  How do they
figure that out?"

"Every little girl dreams of a certain  type of wedding," Calista answered
with a soft smile. "In the end it's not about  race. It's about that dream."

Abbie shrugged then smiled at her friend.  "It's ok."

"Can we go home now?" Mika asked.  "I  still smell throw up even if it isn't
here."

"Sure, kiddo." Calista replied, hugging  her gently. "Let's go."

"Alright," Darius looked at the others and  crossed his arms, "you lot with
us. Francesca, Abigail, you'll both go right to  your rooms. You mother and I
will deal with you when the others have been picked  up."

"Yes sir," Frankie responded docilely,  heading toward their cabin with her
sister in tow. "Gotta admit that was cool,  though, huh?" she whispered to
Abbie when they were out of earshot.

Abbie nodded and smiled so only her sister  could see. "I liked shooting at
things."

Frankie grinned back. "Next time I'll even  show you how to aim." She
whispered back.

"You two stop that," Darius warned as they  walked with Manny, T'Pern, and
Tabetha. "When you to whisper like that nothing  good ever comes of it."

Frankie snickered quietly before answering  sweetly, "Yes, Daddy."

When they entered the cabin Darius simply  pointed to their bedroom doors.
"Now, and I don't want to hear a sound coming  from either of you."

"Right....silence...got it.." Frankie  answered with an effort to look
innocent before bounding into the room.

Joanna still vascillated between relieve  and anger as she helped usher the
others in then went to check on Stephanie and  Zoe.

Darius looked at the three children on his  couch and sighed while shaking
his head. "T'Pern, Tawa is on the away team,  you'll have to stay until he gets
back. Tabetha, Manny, you can use the comm. on  the desk to call your fathers"

T'Pern nodded her head in agreement. She  mused softly on what Tawa's opinion
on her actions would be. She looked at  Frankie and Abbie, and fought back a
smile.  How often were they there when  she got in trouble?...right along with
her. She had read a quote
once about  such a thing. These two fit that definition of friends. Even in
trouble, this  nearly made her smile...even laugh.

Mika held tight to Calista's hand as they headed back to their  quarters, her
face drawn into a frown.  "Why were those other ships  shooting at us?
Because you know there was a Klingon ship out there,  too.  Oh and little
fighter
ships."

"It's very  difficult to explain," Calista began thoughtfully. And indeed it
was. How do you  explain things like slavery and war to a child? "They're just
not happy we're  here. They don't want us to do what we're doing."

"I remember when  I was little and the Dominion came to Betazed," Mika mused
quietly.  "They  wanted to take it away from us to hurt other people.  They're
gone now,  though.  These are just different bad guys."

"unfortunate but  true," Calista sighed. "there's always another bad guy
waiting in the  wings..."