[USS Tempest] "Reporting In"

  • From: Lindsey Craig <lindseycraig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usstempest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 05:37:27 +0100 (BST)

Reporting In

by Lt. Jord and Cpt. Lindsey Craig

Yet another crew manifest with yet more omissions. Fishler was having one
serious joke at her expense. Tossing a PADD onto her desk, she looked up at the
sounding of her chime.

Clad in dress garb, Jord looked around the bridge one last time as he heard the
snide remarks from the bridge officer on duty then. Humans, they're all the
same. At least maybe this Captain might have the times put behind her. Supposed
to be a troublemaker, who else would they send to my homeland? He entered into
the office and stood at attention. "Lt. Jord reporting for duty, ma'am."

Her eyes widened. A Vorta. They'd given her a Vorta. Who in there right minds
gave her a Vorta? "Fishler," she whispered with venom. "Sit down, Lieutenant.
Which position will you be filling?"

Jord took a seat. "I am filling in as Chief Operations and Helm Navigation
Officer, and..." he paused for a moment, letting this sink in, "as your liaison
to the Gamma Quadrant" She seemed calm enough, but he was no betazoid.

"My liaison... yes, I can see why you would be ideally suited for such a
position. As for Helm and Chief of Ops, why are you merely filling in? Is there
something in your record that I should be aware of? Apart from the glaringly
obvious, that is."

His eyes met hers, completely unchanged by her comment. "I am sorry for a
confusion in my terminology. Previous Captians and Commanders I have worked
under have referred to my presence as 'filling in' so I am more used to it at
this point. There is nothing of sort on my file, unless you count the multiple
academy visits to sickbay due to beatings I received. According to the crew
roster, I am your Primary Helm and Operations officer."

"If you receive a beating on this ship you will inform me immediately, am I
clear? And we will be exploring the Gamma quadrant so your position is
permanent, despite my reservations."

He nodded. "Yes ma'am." At least she cared about her crew, that's always nice
to know and at least not spiteful. Then again, my original was also very
spiteful, especially of the Cardassians... "When do you wish for me to begin my
duties ma'am?"

"We leave within two days. You will report to your position when called to and
you will be assigned a shift to work from the XO." Holding his eyes for a short
time, she said, "Be aware, Lieutenant, that I am not comfortable with your
presence on my ship. If you step out of line, I will come down on you so hard
that you won't know what hit you. That goes for all of my crew, so don't go
thinking that you're special. Clear?"

Jord nodded as he rose from his seat. "Crystal clear ma'am." At least she was
upfront about her opinions, that was extremely helpful. "I look forward to
working with you in the coming future Captain." He said as he exited her ready
room. This was going to be an interesting trip.