[USS Tempest] "It's A Date"

  • From: "Miranda A. Craig" <mirandacraig@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usstempest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:40:43 -0500

"It's A Date"
Miranda Craig and Jesse Weaver

Looking around the mess hall Jesse saw who he was looking for and smiled. It had been awhile since he’d gotten to talk to her, but now seemed like the right time. He still knew that if he could get in good with kid Craig he’d be golden. Walking over to her table he cleared his throat and then smiled. “Mind if I join you?”

Miranda looked up from her breakfast and blinked. It was the marine who’s helped himself to her lunch table months ago. “Well at least you asked this time.”

Jesse gave her a charming smile as he slid into the seat across from her. “Only gotta tell me once.”

“Not what I’ve heard.” She replied as she poked at her omelet.

The grin on his face brightened and grew. “Oh? And what have you heard?”

“That your trouble.” Miranda replied with a smirk.

Jesse’s bright eyes danced as he looked into her soft brown ones. “You shouldn’t believe everything you hear.”

Miranda leaned back in her chair, his nearness a little uncomfortable. “So the rumors aren’t true?”

Jesse looked shocked. “Rumors? What rumors?”

“Mmmhmm.” Miranda replied. “Is there something I can do for you Mister Weaver?”

Jesse put his arms on the table and grinned at her. “There’s a marine ball happening over on the Georgetown and I need a date.”

That made Miranda blink. Was he seriously asking her out? “And you’re asking me?”

“Can’t think of anyone prettier.” Jesse replied.

Miranda wasn’t sure about this. Something about Jesse felt wrong, besides she’d been kind of hoping something would happen with Christian but she’d seen less of him then she did Lindsey.

“You ever been to a marine ball?” Jesse asked, noticing her hesitation. He credibility would sky rocket if he could be seen with the captain’s kid sister. He needed her to say yes.

“No.” Miranda replied.

“Then you have to come.” Jesse said cheerily. “It’ll be a lot of fun, and it’s on Georgetown, you know people there right?”

“Not any of the marines.” She replied. “Why are you asking a fleeter to a marine ball?”

“I’m not, I’m asking you.” Jesse replied. “Your cute and I think we could have some fun. Come on, just this once and I’ll never bother you again unless we have a really great time and then maybe I’ll be brave enough to ask again.”

Miranda sat there for several minutes thinking it over. If she didn’t have fun or started to feel weird she could always come back to Tempest or find Tawny or John. It did sound kinda fun, she’d never been to a ball of any kind before. “Alright, I’ll go.”

Jesses grin could have powered the warp core. “Great! I’ll pick you up at eight tomorrow night then.”