<USS Eagle> "Multawny's Mission" (JL Fyrstk, Marqusa, McCloud)

  • From: Rayne McCloud <raynemccld@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:25:54 -0400

NOTE: This is a joint log involvong Commodore Fyrstk, Captain Matqusa and myself. It takes place directly after the sim of 101013

ON
    Lukas listened to Gwen's answer regarding the two shuttle inhabitants from the Multawny.  He frowned at hearing the crew of the science ship was being used as lab rats.
    "Did they mention whether the database of the Multawny had been compromahsed at all?"
    "No sir, not for certainty.  He said he thought they were attempting to," Gwen answered.  "What was the Multawny's mission, Commodore?"
    Rayne took his eyes off the image of the Multawny and turned to Fyrstk.  He was curious as well.
    Lukas looked both captains in the eyes.  "This is on a need-to-know basis only," he said with great emphasis.  "THe Multawny was doing research for one of Starfleet's branches whcih formally doesn't exist.  To say that her capture has brass jaws flapping would be an understatement.
    "Putting it bluntly, Multawny was doing research on a substance that would make kelenosahte look lahke silly putty."  He watched both officers for their reaction.
    "Sounds like we need to get that ship back before the Firegon figure out a way to get the database," Marqusa pointed out.
    Rayne nodded in agreement.  "So, there's a chance they don't know what they have in the Multawny?"
    "That's the hope," Lukas confirmed.  "Multawny had a crew compliment of 175, most being scahentists. If they are still alahve, we have to get them back as well."
    "Agreed," Gwen responded.  "I would also like to know what the Firegon are up to Captain.  They are experimenting on these people for a reason.  And I don't like the sound of it."
    "Nor do Ah," Lukas agreed.  "So, the mission will be to get in to the base, fahnd out what they're up to, and get the Multawany and crew out of there.  Sounds simple, rahght?"
    Rayne chuckled.  "Yeah.  Piece of cake."
    "When you say it like that, it sounds simple Commodore," Gwen remarked.  "When do we leave?"
    "You'll depart as soon as Rayne is comfortable his crew knows the new Eagle," Lukas told them. He then looked at Rayne.  "And yes, Captain.  She is yours. "
    Lukas clicked the controller, and the image changed to that of the new ship.  "She is a Luna-class refit.  Where the origfnal class was designed more for scientific research, this one's been desahgned for deep space exploration.
    "She is equipped with the sub-mode we have all come to know and love, and a slip-stream core."
    "With the crew being made up of mostly the other Eagle crew," Rayne noted, "that will make the transition that much easier."
    "Correct," Lukas said.  "There are some engine differences, but mahnor stuff.  She has the same fahre power as her predecessor."
    Gwen stared at the image. She noted to herselr that she really needed to talk to Rommie about what they are going to do.  "You better take good care of her and her crew Rayne.  They are one of the best ones out there."
    Rayne nodded thoughtfully, his eyes never leaving the screen.
    "Now, Gwen," Lukas added.  "Ah'm going to want you to take Persephone in, or as close to in as possible, without being detected.  Persephone's sensors should be sophisticated enough to allow you to evade detection bah the Firegon battle cruisers and wagons.  If need be, we're going to punch some holes in that station of theirs."
    "The Persephone will be up for the job," Gwen assired Lukas, "I'm sure we can find some places to mask our detection and still be able to use our sensors."  She pondered a moment then asked, "I do have a question for you Commodore.  Lt. Banning has been serving onboard the Persephone.   I think he could be better used on the Eagle.  However, I would like to keep Cmdrs Soren and Lost on Persephone."
    Lukas nodded his agreement.  "Ah will leave that up to you two.  Put whatever crew where you feel it best.  Rayne..." He clicked the screen control once more. "Commander Kairyn Jorel brought the Eagle out here.  She has agreed to stay on for this mission.  Ah want her to serve as your temporary XO, as she knows the ship better than any of us rahght now.  You will, of course be free to choose your own XO once this mission is over with."
    "Not a problem, sir," Rayne acknowledged.  "I will have a sit-down with her as soon as I transfer my stuff aboard."
    "Very good," Lukas said with a nod.  "Are there any questions from either of you, at the moment?"
    "I do have one," Marqusa spoke up.  "If we are unable to get the Multawny back, I assume we are to destroy her before letting the Firegon keep her, correct?"
    "Indeed," Lukas confirmed.  "Destroy her and if it looks as if her database has been compromised, you have to trah and get any information about her out of the Firegon database."
    Lukas looked the the Eagle's new skipper.  He could see the wheels turning in the man's head.  "Want your old desk back now, Captain?"
    "Not for one minute, Commodore," Rayne answered immediately.  "But, there is nothing like being thrown right into the fire."
    Lukas chuckled.  He remembered how his first command was aboard a Constitution-class ship, brought out of mothballs, and forced into patrol along the Cardassian border when the Dominion took over.  "No there isn't."
    "One other thing," Gwen said.  "One of the people we rescued seemed to be doing well.  We may want to take him along, as he has first hand knowledge of the area, and the ship."
    "Excellent ahdea," Lukas commented.  "Check with Dr. Compton and make certain he is well enough to travel, even if it's in the Eagle's sick bay."
    "Rayne, I think we should tag team the doc."
    Rayne chuckled.  "You think she's that tough?"
    Gwen smiled, "I would say that she is very Patient proactive."
    "Ah would agree with that," Lukas put in.  "Now, if you have no further question for tonahght, Ah had told mah kids they could wait up for me."
    "I'm glad you can get to see your kids more now, Commodore" Gwen commented.  "I'm sure it's worth giving up being CO of a ship for. No more questions from me."
    "No more question from me, either, sir," Rayne chimed in.
    "Good," Lukas said.  He turned the screen off, and rose.  "Gwen, mah family is worth more to me, for certain, but don't ever think Ah won't miss being out there with you all."
    "I'm sure you will miss it, at least part of it," Gwen agreed.  "But, you won't regret it.  Now, let's not keep your kids waiting longer."  She turned to Rayne, "Do you want to discuss personnel now, or get settled in to the new Eagle first?"
    Rayne rose.  "I think I'll get settled in for the night.  We can discuss this first thing in the morning.  I can get you set up in guest quarters aboard the ship if you like."
    "Works for me," Gwen told him.  "I'll see you first thing in the morning then."

OFF
Submitted by,
Captain Rayne McCloud
Commanding officer